We have shared the Colour Monster by Anna Llenas. We are using the story to help us to share how we are feeling.
We have chosen a colour for some of the feelings we may have. Each day, we put a button to match the colour of our feeling into our class feelings bowl. This gives us a chance to share and talk about our feelings if we need to and start our day in a positive, caring way.
Reed First School is warm and inclusive, a place where families are welcomed and involved as part of our community. Our children’s experiences are memorable and take into account their individual needs, interests and aspirations. Staff encourage and model growing minds and celebrate those who independently seek challenge and show resilience as part of the learning journey. Pupils become confident life-long learners who leave us ready for the next stage of their learning for life and as citizens of the future.
We achieve this through:
- A happy, welcoming and safe environment
- An engaging indoor and outdoor environment
- Active and inspiring learning
- Teaching a skills based curriculum
- Opportunities which are rich and varied
- Recognising each member of our school as an individual
- High expectations for pupils within a supportive framework
- Demonstrating and expecting high levels of behaviour
- Working in partnership with parents and the wider community
- Support from an active and committed governing body
We support the children to find time for mindfulness and time to be calm and reflect through our ‘Calm Me’ time. Our small class sizes enable us to give each child the nurture and support they need to be happy and ready to learn together, learn for life.
As a school, we recognise the importance of the wellbeing of our whole community supporting parents and staff along-side the children. You can find out more about this by reading our mental health and wellbeing policy.
- Feeling Good Week Letter (417KB)