At Reed First School, we aim to provide a PE curriculum that pupils from Nursery to Year 4 not only enjoy but also allows them to experience a range of activities that help them to develop their health, fitness and wellbeing. We intend to offer a high-quality physical education curriculum that inspires all pupils to succeed and excel in competitive sport and other physically-demanding activities. It provides opportunities for pupils to become physically confident in a way which supports their health and fitness. Opportunities to compete in sport and other activities build character and help to embed values such as fairness and respect.
The national curriculum for PE aims to ensure that all pupils:
- develop competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities
- are physically active for sustained periods of time
- engage in competitive sports and activities
- lead healthy, active lives
Our achievement of the National Healthy Schools Status demonstrates our commitment to helping children understand the importance of physical activity and healthy lifestyles.
Through our membership of the North East Hertfordshire Sports Partnership we are able to provide a broad and balanced curriculum offering many areas of PE.
We frequently have visiting sports specialists and participate in inter-schools tournaments.
Children take part in a variety of small sided games, including football, rounders, tennis, rugby and Kwik Cricket, and participate in the award scheme for cricket skills.
All children from Year 1 onwards go swimming once a week. Parents are asked to contribute towards the cost of coach hire and tuition fees.
Children have the opportunity to develop their skills further through our after-school sports clubs.
- KS1- Swimming Knowledge Organiser (503.28KB)
- KS2 Gymnastics Knowledge Organiser (592.49KB)
- KS2 Football Knowledge Organiser (537.33KB)
- KS1 PE Fundamentals Knowledge Organiser (566.41KB)
- KS2 PE Fundamentals Knowledge Organiser (490.88KB)
- PE- Curriculum Map- B Year (648.66KB)
- PE Curriculum Map - A Year (653.43KB)