The reasons people take certain jobs are endless; necessity, ambition, skills and so on but there is one fundamental underlying reason that we become fundraisers – we want to make a difference in the world.
As parents and carers we are members of the school community. We all want to see our children thrive and as Friends of Reed School we work together as a team to strive for the best and make a difference not to the world but to our school.
Some of the events we run include:
- Environmental days – where we help maintain and improve the school grounds.
- Children’s Christmas gift events
- Gifts for parents
- Frozen Friday (an ice lolly at the end of a busy week)
- PJ days
- Quiz Nights
- Cinema nights
Through events like these over recent years, we have positively impacted our pupils by funding:
- Workshops in school
- Trips and coach costs
- New signage
- Gifts to say goodbye to our leavers and welcome our new pupils
- New mud kitchens and an outdoor classroom
- Play equipment
If you would be happy to receive emails or meet for a coffee and chat about how you can help, let us know.
“What is the bravest thing you’ve ever said?” asked the boy
“Help” said the horse
The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse by Charlie Mackesy
We always need help.
FORS Committee 2020-21
- SECRETARY – Gabby Adamson
- TREASURER – Cat Lasselin
- EXECUTIVE POSTS – Sam Godden and Jade Ames
Friends of Reed School (FORS) Charity no: 1091180.